mouse problem

aboutit 18:25 12 Oct 03

My daughter is running windows 98 and she has just got a Teac baby mouse usb connection. The wizard finds new hardware but does not recognize the mouse and she can`t get it to install. Cany anyone help please?

recap 18:33 12 Oct 03

Have you uninstalled the old mouse?

aboutit 18:49 12 Oct 03

Yes she has uninstalled the old mouse

SEASHANTY 20:47 12 Oct 03

Did this mouse not come with a drivers software disc? It should because I presume it is a product that was not available when W98 was launched. Therefore windows 98 will have no knowledge of this hardware. You should install the driver software before installing the new mouse. Check again in Device Manager that the old drivers have been uninstalled. A mag I read recently said that old drivers should be removed with windows in safe mode but I would think as the mouse is essential these drivers always get loaded, safe mode or not. W98 wasnt all that good with USB stuff - even these new pen drives come with a special software CD-ROM disc with drivers - This O/S being the ONLY one that requires drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…