Mouse problem

jaimie 18:01 13 Sep 03

I have a PC running windows ME and the mouse stopped moving on the screen, if I start in safe mode the mouse works OK. I have re-installed windows ME and the mouse still only works in safe mode. It's a microsoft standard mouse and I have tried various other mice without success, I have removed the mouse in system/hardware devices and windows re-installs the software but it still doesn't work, the cursor/arrow is in the centre of the screen and does not respond to mouse movement. Anyone any ideas please?

Jaimie

Gaz 25 18:05 13 Sep 03

Try, in safe mode with networking: click here

This I think could be a virus.

It may also be a driver problem, but it does look like a virus to me.

OneSirKnight 18:08 13 Sep 03

click here;en-us;Q316544

OneSirKnight 18:17 13 Sep 03
  OneSirKnight 18:19 13 Sep 03

mmmm. sorry links problem
last chance..click here;en-us;316544

VoG II 18:31 13 Sep 03
  jaimie 18:46 13 Sep 03

Thanks to all who responded, I am currently checking for viruses and will then check system ini.

Thanks again, I'll get back if not resolved

Jaimie

Eastender 22:19 13 Sep 03

This has appeared on this forum before and one answer that worked was to delete the mouse in Device Manager and reboot, Windows will then reload the driver.

Jester2K II 23:03 13 Sep 03

"I have removed the mouse in system/hardware devices and windows re-installs the software but it still doesn't work"

Eastender 01:38 14 Sep 03

Oops, must read more carefully, especially after a pint or three :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…