Mouse pointer Tooltips

Cumano 13:09 26 Jun 04

OS Windows ME. When I hovered the Mouse Pointer over a Desktop Icon or a File Icon I used to get Tooltip Information Boxes, my computer has lost this ability. Can anyone help?

stalion 13:46 26 Jun 04

have you tried re-installing your mouse driver

VoG II 13:58 26 Jun 04

Have you turned them off using TweakUI? click here

Cumano 23:24 26 Jun 04

To Stalion, I've tried your suggestion, I still have no tooltips. To VoG, I've been to Microsoft Downloads Centre, Teak UI or Powertoys do not exist for Windows ME. Thanks to both of you for your response, Cumano.

THE TERMINATOR 01:11 27 Jun 04

Open MY COMPUTER and open your C:\ Drive. Click on Tools menu, Folder Options, View Tab and enable SHOW POP UP DESCRIPTION FOR FOLDERS AND DESKTOP ICONS in the advanced settings....TT

Cumano 10:52 27 Jun 04

To Terminator, Your suggested option is already set. Thank you for your response. Cumano

THE TERMINATOR 00:30 30 Jun 04

click here and get tweak ui, and see if this will help....TT

Cumano 16:38 30 Jun 04

To VoG and Terminator, I now have TWEAK UI installed, but I can't find anything that will allow me to Enable or Disable the TOOLTIP option.

VoG II 17:23 30 Jun 04

According to click here it is on the General tab. I have XP and TweakUI is a lot different than the 98/ME version.

Cumano 23:34 03 Jul 04

To VoG, I put a tick in all boxes for items on the General I still didn't get any Tooltips. Thanks for your help.

Dorsai 09:11 04 Jul 04

try following TT's advise, but you say that the option he describes is already turned on. so I would turn it off, apply changes, reboot system and then turn it back on. windoze can somtimes get confused and say 'black' but do 'white' if you know what i mean.

"Try Open MY COMPUTER and open your C:\ Drive. Click on Tools menu, Folder Options, View Tab and enable SHOW POP UP DESCRIPTION FOR FOLDERS AND DESKTOP ICONS in the advanced settings....TT "

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…