Mouse pointer query

ACOLYTE 17:32 10 Aug 05

My pointer has started to disapear under open programs,sorry its still there but say i open my email client the mouse pointer works but if i open a submenu say to check what accounts i have
the mouse goes under the submenu and not on top of it so i cant click on things,it still works but it makes ticking boxes and closing pages very hard i have to guess where the cuser is,lol.I had been in to the pointer options and reset the scheme i have but it doesnt stop it happening the only thing that works is if i restart the pc then it works ok but it will just start to happen again at random.

Graham ® 17:56 10 Aug 05

Is it a standard mouse? Some have features such as 'Hide pointer whilst typing'.

Graham ® 17:57 10 Aug 05

Or is 'Snap to' enabled?

ACOLYTE 18:03 10 Aug 05

I dont know what "snap to enable" does lol so i dont think its one of those types,and the pointer doesnt hide it just doesnt come on the top of open boxes,it is only a cheap labtec optical mouse,but it been working great until recently,in fact it still does just the curser thing.

Graham ® 19:54 10 Aug 05

In mysterious circumstances like this, I do a System Restore!

woodchip 20:15 10 Aug 05

Or run SFC /SCANNOW with XP CD in comp

ACOLYTE 13:33 11 Aug 05

I tried another mouse and it still did the same thing after a while,its not that annoying i suppose i will have to become a good guesser lol,thx for the help.

ACOLYTE 13:58 12 Aug 05

Just an update,i think i have found the culprit for this odd behaviour it was i think the Nview desktop manager option to make apps transparent when clicked on,i dissabled Nview and have not had the error since)),thx all for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…