Mouse pointer has a mind of it`s own

ahales42 21:35 25 Dec 03

Just got a wireless keyboard and mouse.Medion md40273.Sometimes the pointer shoots off to either the top left corner of the screen or the bottom right corner. Seems to be which ever is the closest. Using xp pro. Anyway, checked everything but have no clue why this should happen. Anyone help?

terminus 22:15 25 Dec 03

Have you checked the manufacturers site for any updates? Likewise MS keyboards etc.

m

Quiller. 22:36 25 Dec 03

This has worked on some systems with an erant mouse that scampers around. lol

Right click desktop and pick properties. Now settings and advanced. Now pick trouble shoot and reduce the ammount of accelaration to the graphics card. Drop it by say 10% and apply.

See if this cures the wayward rodent.

Gaz 25 22:43 25 Dec 03

Misbeahave.

Sheila-214876 23:36 25 Dec 03

Never known a wireless mouse and keyboard to work properly yet. Have two friends who bought them but both have now gone back to wired mouse and keyboard. You could try moving the receiver around (keep it away from anything that has a magnet in it, like speakers and monitors)

ahales42 23:38 25 Dec 03

tried everything above but no joy. gone back to wired mouse.Thanks all.

VoG II 00:05 26 Dec 03

Well my MS wireless mouse works just fine. I haven't tried a wireless keyboard as I don't see the point for my physical setup.

steve0 09:51 26 Dec 03

Have had a microsoft wireless desktop keyboard and optical mouse for over 12 months - no problems at all. If batteries are low on mouse you will get problems - change them - I find that mouse batteries are only good for 6 to 8 weeks of heavy use, keyboard lasted 10 months.

961 10:57 26 Dec 03

Like others above I've tried wireless mice before, both from Microsoft and Logitech and been disappointed by both. Interference from the computer and monitor plus power consumption above batteries ability seem to be the problems. Reducing graphics card acceleration may help, but I eventually found that it was the optical bit of the mouse that I liked and the wireless bit I could do without. Now have Microsoft Optical Blue which is terrific and has reasonably long cable to either USB or serial connector

woodchip 11:08 26 Dec 03

Try using a blank white A4 piece of paper, as mouse matt

woodchip 11:15 26 Dec 03

did it work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…