Mouse Pointer Absent

Bonzy 10:47 08 Dec 05

Hello friends, I need some help here please.
My ailing pc is running Win98SE. Often when I bootup, the mouse pointer refuses/fails to show on screen. I then have to move it for the ball to roll a lot before I see the pointer move on screen, when I'm lucky. The mouse itself is fairly new and I sometimes try to reseat it but it brings no improvement. Could it be the OS or the mouse itself? Thanks.

spuds 13:00 08 Dec 05

Depends what type of mouse you are using. Battery type, possible replacement batteries. Cable type,good mouse mat and clean surface plus possibly click here Optic type,clean and reposition transmitter/receiver.

Finally, as it is working with WM98SE,check and possibly re-install the drivers. Further problems, then replace the mouse. Starting price about £3.50 upwards.

Shortstop 13:14 08 Dec 05

I had a sinilar problem but with Win XP Home - sometimes mouse would work, sometimes it wouldn't. Didn't matter whether it was optical, ball-type, chep or expensive [I can get a variety of mice for testing from my IT department].

I repaired the installtion of the OS [Win XP] & all seems OK now - must have corrupted the driver or something.

HTH

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…