Mouse or keyboard problem?

TOPCAT® 15:49 15 Oct 05

I am using WinMe, IE6SP1 and 3yr old Iiyama 17inch crt monitor.

When I open a folder, e-mail, browser or webpage and click to scroll the page up or down using the mouse or up and down keys, there appear parallel vertical yellow lines on my screen. They're about 5mm wide and cover the screen width at 50mm intervals. Close and re-open the page(s)and the lines are gone until the mouse or keyboard is used again.

I have removed and reinstalled drivers for both but still with the same result. Any suggestions please? Will be away for about the next two hours so will look in again later. Thanks, TC.

GaT7 17:24 15 Oct 05

Strange phenomena indeed.

Have you tried another keyboard/mouse?

Please take a screenshot, when the parallel vertical yellow lines appear, & host it at click here. Then post the pic link here. Ta, G

Stuartli 18:07 15 Oct 05

Have you tried altering the resolution and refresh rates for the monitor and/or reinstalling the graphics card drivers?

TOPCAT® 18:20 15 Oct 05

Not sure if I've done this right! Haven't got another keyboard but I'll try another mouse. TC.

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

TOPCAT® 18:28 15 Oct 05

Tried upping the resolution but still get the lines. I have a Sapphire Radeon 5200 LE card with good drivers installed. Nevertheless, I will try reinstalling them to see if the problem lies there. Everything is fine in Device Manager. Back soon! TC.

Stuartli 18:39 15 Oct 05

If you open Display Properties>Settings tab>Advanced>Adapter tab you will see a button stating List All Modes.

This reveals all the resolution, colour and refresh rates of which your graphics card is capable.

Try various examples of the settings to see if any stop the lines (best all round refresh rate is 85Mz for the majority of CRT users).

Make sure that the settings are Enabled to work without rebooting to save a lot of messing about...:-)

woodchip 18:43 15 Oct 05

You have forgot the important one , Faulty Graphics card, but just may be corrupt Graphics driver

TOPCAT® 19:55 15 Oct 05

Nothing works so far,I'm afraid. :o(

Tried various refresh rates and resolutions; changed over mouse; 'repaired' IE6 SP1 and am now stuck! Leaving now to physically remove graphics card completely and reinstall from scratch. TC.

Stuartli 20:16 15 Oct 05

Try a spare graphics card first (or even onboard graphics if available).

Stuartli 20:17 15 Oct 05

I swapped a new ATI graphics card recently because it caused coloured lines across the screen and nothing would cure it.

Went back to the more familiar nVidia chipset cards.

TOPCAT® 21:04 15 Oct 05

and thanks very much for the help guys.

Installed my ancient 3dfx Voodoo3 3000 and the lines have gone. Now to do battle with my local PC World regarding the problem ATI Radeon 5200 SE.

How much warranty does one get for this card please? This one can't be more than about nine months old from purchase. TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…