MOuse operation via joystick

CodheadZogman 23:20 11 Aug 05

My disabled son cannot use a mouse but is a dab hand with Playstation! I have a USB connector that allows the use of PS2 controller as a games joystick on the PC. What I now need is software to allow the use of the controller as a mouse. This will open up a whole new world for my lad so any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

rubella 00:47 12 Aug 05

When I put “joystick mouse emulation software” into Google I got quite a few hits. The top one being to:

“Originally requested by 3M for a disabled user, the story of "Joystick-To-Mouse" dates back to 1995. Using technology created by IMG & recognizing the need for software with the capability of using the joystick device to act like a mouse, "Joystick-To-Mouse" was created in conjunction with RJ Cooper & Associates. Continually improving the product and reacting to the interest, needs, and requests of customers, the latest release of "Joystick-To-Mouse" presents a completely new way to interface with Windows based PC's, much like IMG's My-T-Soft product line. With cross-over acceptance, Joystick-To-Mouse is used not only for providing accessibility to PCs for disabled users, but by all types of users who enjoy the "game-like" approach to running internet browsers & windows programs.”
Demo on this page: click here

Substituting “Freeware” for “Software” gave me a few more, most conspicuously click here

I can’t vouch for any of them though amigo, as I have no experience.

Belatucadrus 00:55 12 Aug 05

click here for JoytoKey, described as "a keyboard input emulator for joysticks. It converts joystick input into keyboard input (and mouse input)"
Though I've never used it.

Completealias 01:52 12 Aug 05

I purchased a Saitek joypad(P2500) for my computer which comes with its own software for keyboard / mouse emulation when using the joypad it set me back about £25

joesoaps 02:20 12 Aug 05

Are these any good click here

click here

rubella 00:31 13 Aug 05

I’ll go along with Completealias on that Saitek if you want to replace the controller as well. It’s one I use and it’s a quality product.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…