Mouse not working

Thunderace7 08:21 04 Jan 08

I have a HP Pavilion t191.uk PC running Windows XP. I've been using a Packard Bell wireless mouse for 2 or 3 years but recently it has been responding very slowly. I initially thought that the processor was busy doing something else but the arrow keys on the keyboard work OK so I don’t think this is the problem. I've tried reloading the mouse software but this doesn't help. The mouse has a USB connection but I'm using a USB/PS2 adaptor to connect it to the PS2 port. I've moved it to a USB port, tried a different mouse (wireless and wired) but none of this works. Could this be related to the Internet Explorer lock-up problem that I'm told many people are having and started on my PC at about the same time? The mouse problem exists from startup, though, without me using IE.

birdface 09:48 04 Jan 08

Have you tried uninstalling the mouse driver and rebooting the computer it should automatically restore your driver.Or run troubleshoot when in Mouse [Control Panel] or roll back driver.Try a different Usb port.

Furkin 09:51 04 Jan 08

Hi thunderace,
I am having a similar problem with my ACER T120.
Just before this happened, I sent a post saying "my machine has been a bit glitchy lately" so was interested to see you mention IE lock-up.
Although I don't recall my IE actually locking up,,,, it may be the same cause for my general 'glitchiness' ?
My meeces have been running o.k for almost a week, so I thought "problem solved" until today.
Like you, from boot-up, neither mouse would work.
After re-boot they did !
My post - LOST RODENT !!
I hope you get sorted & will keep an eye on your posting for my own benefit.
Good Luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…