Mouse for laptop

Milky 13:38 09 Jan 03
  Milky 13:38 09 Jan 03

I have a laptop with the usual touch sensitive screen for the cursor controls, can I install an Intellimouse' to use some of the time, and still be able to just use the touch sensitive screen when it suits me?

Nickg 13:56 09 Jan 03

Should bo OK, I've got a standard two button mouse plugged into the PS2 slot on mine and it and the touchpad both work without conflict.

PA28 14:03 09 Jan 03

Same here - except I've got the small Belkin mouse connected via USB. Only problem is that a mouse is pretty useless on the move (unless you're on a train with a table) but then the touchpad comes back into its' own. Oh, how I wish for the old days when laptops had miniature trackerballs and buttons!

captain birdseye 16:33 09 Jan 03

I have used both ps2 and usb conventional wheel mice with no problems. I too hate the touchpads but then I would `cos I can remember Clive Sinclair and I remember all the good things we`ve lost between him and today.

Nickg 20:56 09 Jan 03

PA32 has a point, if you want an alternative have a look click here for a Trust Ami hand track, I've seen them in Staples for about £15 and am seriously considering one.

Nickg 20:58 09 Jan 03

PA32 ? butterfingers sorry PA28

PurplePenny 21:24 09 Jan 03

:-*****

That's a big kiss - you are wonderful. You've made my day.

I bought a Hand Track for £2 on eBay and it is great (I'm using it right now with my laptop). I wanted to get another one as this one is pretty old already and one for my brother for Christmas. This one doesn't have a manufacturer on it and the only one that I have found is made by a US company with no UK/European distributor. They charge $30 + $20 p+p making it far too expensive.

Penny

PA28 18:43 10 Jan 03

Thanks - you've upgraded me to a nice big comfy Cherokee 6 (which is the PA32). Unfortunately I can only afford to fly the basic Piper PA28 Warrior!

Norm63 08:29 29 Jul 03

What happened to the 'Mouse Pen' or 'Pen Mouse' I remember from a few years ago? It was, just like a pen, with a small button near the tip. You could even use it on your bare knee, (or other parts of you anatomy!)These would be ideal for laptops etc.

fitshase 12:05 29 Jul 03

I have used this mouse on a trial (my mate lent it to me while he was away) and it is great. It is small, looks good and is optical so you can use it on pretty much any surface.

click here

I used it on the wrist rest on the laptop or on the side of my leg while I had the laptop on my lap.

Regards

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017