Mouse for a laptop

mahalo 19:25 30 Jul 06

I am going to use a laptop to organize my files and photos. However I cannot get away without a mouse, can I use an external mouse and can you recommend which one I should buy ?. Thanks.

Stuartli 19:48 30 Jul 06

I use an ordinary MS two button corded mouse with my mate's laptop, but you can get wireless versions for under a tenner.

Gongoozler 19:49 30 Jul 06

You can use an external mouse, either ps/2 or usb according to what sockets your laptop has. There are small mice made specially for laptops, or you can use a conventional desktop mouse.It's difficult to say which one to buy because it largely comes down to personal taste. I wouldn't bother with cordless because of the need for a radio link from the laptop. I'm using a Microsoft Basic Optical mouse and find it very comfortable to use click here, but I also like the feel of the Logitech Pilot Wheel mouse

Fellsider 20:06 30 Jul 06

Try this click here

I've been using one for about 4 months now - no probs

palinka 15:19 31 Jul 06

I have a Kensington cordless optical mouse for mine; it's smaller than average mice. But I would not recommend cordless and intend to buy an "ordinary" mouse. Nothing wrong with mine, but it's such a pain having to plug in the radio link thing each time, that I usually use the touchpad. (I put the laptop away between uses as i usually use a desktop.)
But if you keep your laptop permanently ready for use then it would be less of a nuisance. Though keeping the link plugged in runs down the mouse batteries faster.

John B 15:25 31 Jul 06
  Stuartli 16:23 31 Jul 06

If you live in the North West and are near to a B and M discout store, the outlets sell a small optical mouse and a memory card reader/writer in a retail pack for just £4.99 (Fellowes brand).

Fellowes products are sold by Amazon:

click here

and

click here

amongst others but the item I mentioned isn't listed.

mahalo 19:36 08 Aug 06

but hols come first !, I have bought a Tecknick optical mouse from Tescos, so far it seems OK.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…