Mouse and Keyboard won't work...please help!!

fishfood 19:29 30 Nov 05

I have purchased a new motherboard and processor and have fitted it in my PC. However, when I turn on the PC the mouse becomes unresponsive as does the keyboard. I have entered the BIOS setup and looked around for a solution but can find no answer to my problem please help!!!

dawnyworld 19:35 30 Nov 05

is it a usb keynoard an mouse if so have you checked the usb legacy support (or something like it )
in the bios ?

jack 20:12 30 Nov 05

What type of Mouse/Kb?
PS2? USB?
What operating system?
What MoBo/Processor

fishfood 20:35 30 Nov 05

Both the Mouse and Keyboard are PS2 types. My OS is Win XP SP2. My motherboard is an ASRock 775VM800. Both keyboard and mouse are working fine with my previous old motherboard. What do you think the problem is??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:51 30 Nov 05

I have purchased a new motherboard and processor and have fitted it in my PC. However, when I turn on the PC the mouse becomes unresponsive as does the keyboard.

The PC is "Freezing"

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

As you have fitted new board and processor I suspect

A) overheating did you use thermal paste between heatsink and processor?

B) driver conflicts on your mother board drivers try updating.

fishfood 12:14 02 Dec 05

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately the problem has not been solved. Back to the drawing board.

fmartinez 17:59 05 Dec 05

hi fishfood,
did you sort your problem out re; mouse and keyboard? if so please please help as i have the same problem.
many thanks,
fran

Lady Lara 18:01 05 Dec 05

I take it you have checked they are in the right sockets?

fmartinez 19:40 05 Dec 05

yup, checked sockets. daft thing is, the k/b works ok in cmos or post mode. wierd eh?

Totally-braindead 19:46 05 Dec 05

When you say new motherboard and processor I presume you have reformatted the old hard drive and installed XP on it? If you haven't done this then this may be the problem. Could you explain what you have done. What I would have done is boot from the Windows CD, formatted the hard drive, reinstalled Windows and once that was done installed the motherboard drivers. Was this what you did?

jack 20:22 05 Dec 05

There are many things here that are inexplicable but Bread Dead may have it.
Assuming you have assembled the components correctly did you fit CPU to MoBo or was it preassembled?
The a New Mobo/CPU always means format your drive and re install the O/S - always - The mobo will haver different CMOS /Driver set to previous and trying to use Old O?S will cause all sorts of probes
Always New MoBo/CPU = New set up - format and reinstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…