Mouse & keyboard locking up problem

alan227 12:49 28 Mar 04

I have two computers networked using a KVM switch to use one monitor, keyboard & mouse between them.
Both computers are running XP Hime.
My main computer keeps locking up ie I cannot use the keyboard or mouse and have to press the reset button.
I was origonally using a Logitec easy itnernet navigator keyboard and Logitec optical mouse, the mouse I have changed for a Microsoft optical mouse.
In device manager under Keyboard it says Easy internet keyboard and under mouse it says Microsoft PS/" mouse.
On the other computer under keyboard it says Standard 101/102 - key or Microsoft PS/2 keyboard and under mouse it says PS/2 compatible mouse.
I have no trouble with the second computer locking up.
Could it be that their is a problem with the PS/2 controller on the mobo which is an AS Rock K7S8X.
I had this problem about 6 months ago but it seemed to cure itself and I only had this computer then ( no KVM switch ).
Any advice on how I can test the PS/2 controller would be greatly appreciated, as I am at a loss where to go from here.

alan227 13:21 29 Mar 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…