Mouse, Keyboard and Graphics problems!!!

hodder 21:08 20 Mar 04

Hi,
I have been getting loads of different problems recently, for instance,my display settings keep altering to a larger size on reboot, Explorer error messages,point32. error messages. But the most annoying to date is that when in a form or word document all of a sudden loads of full stops start appearing on their own. This started the other day when my son .ende a game he was pla.ying and the computer started making the noise that indicates that you have .hit the wro.ng key all by itself. .As you can see it has started to .do it. now. When I try to start up in DOS at the prompt it just s.tarts beeping like mad, I'm at a loss .I have tried reinstalling so.ftware and umpteen other things .Is it a case of a new keyboard for the full stop problem? and what is causing the others or are they rela.ted?
The full stop thing starts of like you c.an see .on this page, but .occasionally goes beserk.

All help most grate.fully received,.
Re.gards, Bob

SANTOS7 21:14 20 Mar 04

it may well be that one of your keys is stuck down i have heard of similar probs and their solution was simply to give the key board a good clean i had a similar prob myself because my kids BLESS EM!!!! keep eating while at our PC
inevitable dropping crumbs and the odd biscuit into the keys

hodder 21:14 20 Mar 04

Logitech...itouch key board, Microsoft intellipoint trackb.all mouse, Win 98.se, Nvidia fx5200 agp, Asus ....A7V600 mobo, 512 pc2100 ram.
Have I forgotten anything?..................
Thanks.

hodder 21:37 20 Mar 04

..The .mous.e I mentio.ned above keeps reverting to a. .st.an.dard ............mou.s.e....It'.s .getting .w.orse..

hodder 22:25 20 Mar 04

new thing with the m.ouse is that if i go to favourites on the top line of the taskb.ar and p.............oint the m.ouse at any favourite that hasn't got an arrow to another list,. it highlights the b.ottom........favourite! As you can see the longer I use the keyb..........oard the worse the full stop... p....rob..lem... gets......................
....................Thanks..................

Totally-braindead 22:29 20 Mar 04

As Santos says, try another keyboard, perhaps a friend who has a computer can lend you his/hers to check if this is the problem

pharte 22:36 20 Mar 04

this post must be a wind up ......................................

woodchip 22:36 20 Mar 04

Put you Win98 disc in comp stop it auto loading and then go to Start/Run and type SFC run the program to look for corupt files

hodder 19:21 22 Mar 04

Thanks people it is the keyboard, buying new one tomorrow. Would have been back sooner but had to .go to work, such is life!.
And by the way pharte, my flatulent .friend this. was not a wind up I really did need help!!

Rega.rds, Bob.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…