Mouse Issues

Polopaul69™ 11:35 21 Dec 06

Have a problem with a lady & Windows 98 and her mouse. Basically she is running 98 on a quite oldish PC and occassionally her PS2 mouse stopped working, so she was wiggling the cable and sometimes it came back on working again. She then went out to buy a new PS2 mouse and it kept happening again.

I suggested that because of the wiggling, it might have affected the connectors so i then suggested that the quickest & easiest fix is to grab a USB mouse which she did.

She got a Philex mouse model: 75240hf

However the mouse is still not recognised so does not work. The mouse did not come with any drivers etc and it stated that it was plug n play - no drivers needed, compatible with windows 98.

Any suggestions what to check?

One thing, when i got her over the phone to go to add new hardware, it was trying to ask for a Hidclass.sys file, but she could not find it on the PC or on the Windows CD and it doesn't give the option to do a web search for the file.

Any hep would be great

GEEKSTA 11:49 21 Dec 06

i dont think windows 98 has got plug n play facility?
Usually things for windows 98 there is a CD?
Because of the wiggling, have you tried opening up the mouse and maby reconnecting any loose wires or something?

Polopaul69™ 12:00 21 Dec 06

There is no CD or Floppy included. She bought the mouse from ASDA and i have checked it myself and all is legit n ok with the mouse.

Technotiger 12:03 21 Dec 06

Hi, probably needs this ...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos