mouse interference touchpad/external

Dasmad 21:57 16 Jan 07

I run a Cellink IR mini-mouse alongside my Fujitsu Amilo laptop under XP home edition, and leave the Synaptics touchpad operational in parallel. Recently, but not traceable to any specific event, I find that at times the mouse (mice) go to slow motion and I am unable to adjust motion properties, because the pointer simply won't enter the space in the dialogue box to make adjustments. Restarting the pc reverts to normal speed. A strange transient colouration of the mouse pointer has also started to occur intermittently - is this relevant ? Any ideas for fix would be much appreciated

terryf 22:09 16 Jan 07

Is it possible to go into device manager and uninstall the pad? I have a vague idea of reading somewhere that a combination of a fn key and another key will disable the pad on a laptop, perhaps a google for your laptop model and disable touchpad might find something. also try left click on empty area of desktop and press F1 then type disable touchpad in search box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…