Mouse installed in non-existent port

as400man 18:22 05 Feb 03

A PS2 mouse has installed itself even though I have no PS/2 port on my PC. I already have a normal USB mouse. I have tried uninstalling both but the PS/2 device never goes away. When I re-boot with the USB mouse both come back. I would like to get rid of the PS/2 version. Would a bit of regediting do it? Advice please.Thanks.

Cuddles 18:48 05 Feb 03

Try uninstalling the com port the ps/2 uses and reboot.

Gerrycan 18:52 05 Feb 03

I think you will find that a usb mouse can be used as a ps2 with the aid of a little adapter,in case the need be neccesary and this facility is enabled for you to do this,what conflict is it causing you on your system,you can of course disable it in device manager.
I stand to be corrected.

as400man 20:31 05 Feb 03

Thank you both. Disabling the mouse in device manager has no effect - it comes back again when I re-boot with the USB mouse. There is no com port associated with the PS2 mouse - it just floats around in virtual reality. I am getting occasional problems with the USB mouse which has needed re-installing several times. I want to eliminate the PS2 version in case there is some conflict.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…