Mouse goes walkabout.

Meshuga 21:12 10 Aug 04

My daughter has a laptop and uses a logitech cordless mouse. She complains that suddenly the mouse arrow has taken to move slowly across the screen even though the mouse has not been touched neither has it moved. It is a wireless mouse, not an infrared. It actually disappears off screen.She lives a long way from me but I shall be visiting her shortly and would like to help so can anyone offer a reason for it happening, and a cure please.Her OS is XPhome. Meshuga.

MichelleC 22:38 10 Aug 04

All I can suggest is re-install driver, but this will bump you.

hugh-265156 22:44 10 Aug 04

check the batteries maybe

wolfie3000 17:12 11 Aug 04

sounds as though it could be a virus check with a good anti virus software but update it first if this doesnt work it could be the touch pad if you accidentaly brush a finger on it the pointer will move.
or it could be some thing stuck in the touch pad.
hope this helps

Meshuga 17:48 11 Aug 04

My post did mention that it was a Logitech cordless mouse in use which is plugged in. The touch pad is not used and care has been taken that nothing is touched at all while idle, but the pointer still moves. Thanks for your input anyway. Regards, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…