mouse glitch

Macnova 02:17 16 Sep 04

i use winxp and have a new bog standard mechanical wired mouse (clean ). However, it stops for and split second ,randomly and often . With task manager open and looking at the performance ,it keeps peaking to the max every time it freezes . it driving me mad and ruining my gaming / browsing experience!!!!!!!!!
Please help.

Diodorus Siculus 07:50 16 Sep 04

Probably not the fault of the mouse but some program running in the background. Do you have an anti-virus / anti spyware program which can check things out.

click here
AdAware click here
SpyBotS&D click here
CWS click here
A² for some of the better free options.

PA28 09:01 16 Sep 04

Diodorus Siculus is almost certainly correct. However, you could try going into Device Manager and uninstalling your mouse. Then reboot and let the system redetect and reinstall. Also try another mouse just to make sure that it's not the rodent that's at fault (unlikely, I agree, but possible with something as simple as a cracked wire).

Macnova 12:19 17 Sep 04

Thanks for the help . I had already tried spybot s&d , so I tried the others you mentioned and they did find some other nastys. .However , after scaning with EZ antivirus and AGV Grisoft antivirus, viruses were being found but not removed . I tried the free trial of Kaspersky anti virus and it found 30 virus !! deleting 29 of them . just the other one to deal with now but the system is running much better. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…