Mouse freezing after welcome screen

rawprawn 17:09 20 Apr 04

Mesh Matrix Computer, Windows XP Home, Logitech cordless mouse & keyboard. When my friend boots his computer everything seems OK until the desktop is loading & then the mouse freezes. I have tried putting on an ordinary mouse & the same thing happens. Sometimes the mouse freezes just before you can press the enter button on the welcome screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 17:15 20 Apr 04

Try checking what is loading at startup via msconfig. It could be a conflict there somewhere.

rawprawn 17:45 20 Apr 04

Thanks for the reply, I have just this minute solved the problem, we unplugged his palmtop connection got in, and restored. The problem is solved and you were right. The problem was we couldn't get to msconfig, but many thanks for the imput.
Dennis

Diodorus Siculus 17:46 20 Apr 04

Should have mentioned, try removing all peripherals and starting in safe-mode! Glad it's sorted.

rawprawn 08:00 21 Apr 04

Thanks for the peripherals advice it's worth remembering for any future problems. Dennis

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…