mouse freezing

Paddso 10:35 20 Jul 03

I recently had a problem where the cursor froze and would not move. I had to restart my computer to enable it to work again. There appears to be no time limit to when it will stop. I have already checked all my drivers and have run a norton check on Windows and the disk drives (all OK). I am operating windows XP and have changed my hard drive 4 months ago.

AndySD 11:21 20 Jul 03

If its intellimouse then remove the drivers from Add/Remove programs and install the latest version from microsoft.

Paddso 14:10 20 Jul 03

Under device manager I have the mouse listed twice. Once under Human Interface Device and under Mice and other pointing devices. I have checked the drivers of both of them and according to the computer I am using the latest. The driver listed on the MSN site is ealier than the one I have installed. Still puzzled.

It may not be the case here, but is it by any chance a cordless mouse? If so have you checked the batteries?

Diemmess 14:55 20 Jul 03

No experience of XP, but earlier OS would need me to "remove BOTH mice" - Reboot and accept the prompts as they come up.

graham√ 15:07 20 Jul 03

Put in a warm place for a while, when it warms up, check for fluff.

palinka 18:29 20 Jul 03

Are you running XP? I had similar problem with a new laptop on XP, where everything froze. When i started a thread in this forum someone said it was something that happened with XP, and it continues to happen intermittently, but my computer retailer helpline hasn't got an explanation.

LAP 19:03 20 Jul 03

I had same problem win xp pro. My reason; I installed several win 95 software. I uninstalled each one inturn until I found the one at fault. Have you installed any? Lap..

Paddso 19:16 20 Jul 03

I think the problem might be when I installed the game No One Lives Forever. The problem only started then. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…