mouse freezes up

seb tooms 20:46 16 Mar 03

hi cyber nuts can anyone help me ?my mouse freezes up its so annoying .can it be fixed or do i have a problem .hope you can help me.cheers seb tooms

wee eddie 21:07 16 Mar 03

or is this something that happens during a session?

seb tooms 12:00 17 Mar 03

in response to wee eddie the mouse pointer freezes up anywhere on the screen during usuage but happens randomly..hope this helps ..thanks seb tooms

« Ravin » 12:11 17 Mar 03

what kind of mouse are you using ? brand ? wireless ? optical ? what o/s ?

off hand i'd suggest that you try updating your drivers.

bof:) 12:43 17 Mar 03

Hi Seb Tooms,

Also, check your virucs checker is well uptodate. I've seen somewhere on this site, information about virii causing the mouse to freeze randomly on a pc.

seb tooms 20:13 13 Apr 03

still no joy mouse still freezes virus checker is uptodate..anybody know why?ive been told it could be a bottleneck.if so how do i correct it?cheers seb thanks to bof wee eddie and mike..

caast ©™ 20:59 13 Apr 03

Try removing any software that you installed with the mouse. They are notorious for conflicts,reboot your PC and use as a standard mouse without any bells or whistles. If 3 button you should still have scroll option and really you don't need the mouse to do anything other than point.

See if it still freezes up. If not leave it as it is. I presume you have changed the mouse and previous one worked fine.

Billy E. 22:58 13 Apr 03

Could it be that you are running a few programms when this happens or doing work in a program if so try installing more RAM memory.

wossie 23:18 13 Apr 03

I had the same problem with my PC, drove me spare, rebooting solved it for a while. Now my buddy has the same problem and his CD drives disappear, mine also. What's in common, the latest VIA 4.45 chipset drivers I installed them on both. Did you do the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…