Mouse freezes

GX 10:11 05 Jul 05

I have installed a new mother board MSI KT6 with my old Athlon processor. My graphics card is an AOpen Nvidia 5700LE. Everything is fine for a while and then my mouse freezes and the only thing I can do is re-boot. I have heard that it could be the display drivers so I have loaded the latest NVidia ones but it still happens. I have tried several different mice some with PS2 some with USB but it doesn't help. Any ideas?

Never again 10:22 05 Jul 05

Could be overheating.

Try this click here

GX 10:52 05 Jul 05

No, it is not overheating. The CPU temp is only 48 Celcius. I should also have mentioned that my operating system is XP Pro and I have re-installed it several times - always with the same result.
One other odd thing. When I close down, when the window offering me Shut Down or Restart is displayed. The colour slowly drains away until I am left with a Black & white screen. When I press my choice the colour comes back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…