Mouse features and conflicts

Fist of Fury 22:12 19 Aug 07

Does anyone know of a mouse apart from Kensington that you can lock the axis on. With a Kensington you can lock the axis by chosing a key to hold down (e.g. control) to enable it.

This means you can only go in one direction, horizontally or vertically until you release the chosen key.

I have a Kensington but I have dicovered that if you have chosen to slow down your mouse, when you reboot the acceleration goes back to normal and you can't slow it down again without reinstalling the driver.

It can also cause major problem as it seems to put an unnacepatable a rouge entry which both Error Doctor and Registry Mechanic find, into your registry and causes coflict when you try to install some other progams.....Creative soundblaster drivers for example. The offending file is KMW.dll for anyone who owns a Kesington with installation problems and doesn't know why.

I recently had but when I uninstalled my mouse driver my new sound card installed without a hitch. Then I reinstalled Kensington's MouseWorks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos