mouse failure to operate at startup

immer 02 Jun 13

My optical mouse fails to start at start up (win7). Tried alternative port with usb ok. Tried wiggle pin connector to fix but no use. Any ideas please.

Chronos the 2nd 02 Jun 13

You do not make it clear if it stays dead or not or whether it worked in an alternative USB port. Try it on another PC if you can. Try another mouse if you can also.

immer 02 Jun 13

The mouse port is a round pin type. Its another mouse on a usb port as I have limited adapters just now

That is called a PS2 port,so you can either get a new mouse or buy one of these and use your USB mouse. Ebay.

If your are running out of USB ports then get one of these Ebay 2 better with a powered hub rather than an un-powered one.

immer 02 Jun 13

You don't think there's anything wrong with the port or drivers?

Difficult to tell if the port is knackered without trying another mouse. Very very unlikely to be a driver issue.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message