Mouse Double-Clicks on It's Own!

Swampy 06:36 01 Oct 06

Hi everyone,

My Packard Bell (recognised as a Samsung by computer) optical mouse has started recognising one click as two sometimes. This is driving me mad as whole programs close when I only want to close the current window. I've tried another USB port but still the same. Do I need a new mouse or is it a software problem do you think?
Thanks.

Swampy 07:16 01 Oct 06

Sorry, forgot to say that sometimes the keyboard is a bit weird also. If using the backspace for instance, instead of just deleting the previous letter the whole word may disappear. These are recent problems and I've had nothing like this before despite many years of 'puting.

€dstowe 07:42 01 Oct 06

You most likely need a new mouse but before you spend on that, check in Control Panel under Mouse and the Activities tab. You should be able to adjust the speed of a double click.

Likewise with the keyboard under Speed.

Fateful Shadow 11:28 02 Oct 06

Is it wireless? If so it may be the batteries causing the mouse to go a bit funny, but that's a long-shot!

I agree with €dstowe. Check the Control Panel and if all seems well in terms of settings, consider getting some new peripherals

=]

Swampy 19:34 02 Oct 06

Thanks for the replies. It is a corded mouse and has been excellent up to now. I can't put my finger on why, but I think it is software related. Why have the mouse AND keyboard suddenly started playing up?

Swampy 15:06 07 Oct 06

I treated myself to a new rechargeable cordless optical mouse. I've been using it for a couple of days now with no further trouble. Thanks for all the ideas. Happy 'puting everyone!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac