mouse double click lost

suzie005 22:34 13 Mar 03

for some reason today i am unable to double click and am having to right click/open everything.it was suggested i go into control panel and try the mouse out.the jack in the box pops up.any suggestions wot i can do?

Taff36 13:06 14 Mar 03

Was the mouse software supplied as original equipment with the computer? If so go to control panel>system> select the hardware tab then device manager then select the + sign next to the mouse. Highlight the mouse you are using and right click on properties. You are looking for the driver details and dependant on your system you should be able to either update the driver by it searching for the correct driver on your system. If you have a disk you may be able to find the driver on that too but sometimes the location is difficult to identify. (Locate the driver file with explorer before using the new driver wizard)

If all else fails go to the manufacturers web site and locate and download the correct driver.

recap 13:44 14 Mar 03

If the mouse is a USB I would also check the USB controller in Control Panel/System/DeviceManager
suzie005.

If neither of the above work, try uninstalling the software for the mouse rebooting (hard reboot)and see if Windows recognises the new mouse.

Terrahawk 13:49 14 Mar 03

i think this was inadvertantly posted twice as their is a resolved thread on this subject by the same author
click here

suzie005 13:52 14 Mar 03

yeah the site was terribly terribly slow last nite and i waited around 4 minutes before i clicked again.i thought this had been deleted.thanks guys for the info.at least if i have problems in the future i can come back to the archives and look.

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…