mouse detection

please help. i was runing windows xp when my computer went crazy..
having lost my xp disc i reloaded window 98
everything has loaded fine but everytime i turn the computer on it does not detect my mouse...
i have tried everything to correct the problem to no avail.. i have tried different mouse but still the computer will not detect any mouse, can anybody help

Jean-Luc Picard 01:24 30 Jul 03

Try downloading an appropriate driver frm the internet, you may still be using an XP mouse driver.

Djohn 01:34 30 Jul 03

Win.98 should recognise your mouse as a generic type, driver only needed for DOS.

Have you looked in device manager to see if there is a yellow exclamation mark showing, indicating a conflict? Also even though it sounds basic, make sure the mouse is plugged into correct socket at rear of PC, you may have mixed it up with the keyboard. Both sockets are the same but different colour. Regards. j.

Djohn 00:23 31 Jul 03

Any chance of letting us know what cured the problem. This will be of great assistance to the many people that read your thread, and may have the same problem! Regards. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…