mouse delay

kestrel3 12:22 09 Jun 04

I'm experiencing a new phenomenon, my mouse is suffering from a delay in operating, ie there is a few seconds delay between clicking on something & it actually happening on screen??

I can click on a window to shut it down & it just stays there about 20 seconds & then closes down?

Also there is a time delay on moving the mouse pointer on screen - it 'lags' behind?

Ive got a firewall, A2,spybot search & destroy + panda titanium permanent protection!!

I've carried out full system scans etc, but no viruses, interestingly my keyboard is unaffected??

Any ideas?

johnnyrocker 12:24 09 Jun 04

os? and might you have excesses running in the background?.

johnny.

kestrel3 12:41 09 Jun 04

Im running XP, 3GHZ Intel processor, 1GB of DDR Ram, 160GB HDD?

Other programs running are IE, Outlook express, Winmx & broadband connection + of course anti virus software & firewall.

Would have thought nothing to 'strenuous'?

SEASHANTY 12:49 09 Jun 04

If you have changed your mouse don't forget to uninstall the old drivers in Device Manager. You
could also try reinstalling the drivers for your mouse with the problem.

Did u update windows today?? (Direct X9 update?) see my thread , I had same probs and have just removed the update!!

kestrel3 13:11 09 Jun 04

I always carry out automatic windows updates, especially the security patches.

The mouse i'm using is not new, it came with the PC & is a cordless one - I've changed the batteries too!

As it's only just started happening, it's got me puzzled!

I'd suggest you try removing the patch. I had exactly the same problems and they went when I took the patch out.

kestrel3 13:36 09 Jun 04

How do i remove the patch & is it wise?

Graham ® 13:37 09 Jun 04

Or you may have a 'Memory Leak'.

click here

SEASHANTY 14:08 09 Jun 04

Also installed the Windows Sec Patch this mornings and no problems with this Trust optical mouse.

recap 14:19 09 Jun 04

I have just had to fix a PC that had the same problems, it turned out to be a Trojan. Run your Anti Virus program to make sure it's not a Trojan or virus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…