Mouse clicks too fast, i cant change it.

Mysticnas 10:35 01 Dec 04

Hi all..

over the past week i've noticed that my mouse (MS IntelliMouse Optical) seems to be double clicking too quickly. Where ever i try to single click to open a file menu for example (or an email in outlook even) it opens and closes again as if i've double clicked it. And in outlook it's a pain, when all i want to do is simply view the email, it opens it up in a new window. It's a pain when trying to highlight or select things too.

I've tried the mouse settings in control panel but they don't seem to make a difference.

I'm hoping it's not a hardware problem, i've had the mouse since 2001. I use it to play some FPS games. I doubt it's worn out from my using the firebutton too much is it???

feb 10:44 01 Dec 04

Try re-asigning one of the other buttons as the left click to eliminate a button fault...

Tog_ 11:12 01 Dec 04

As mouse buttons get older, they can become prone to "bounce" where a single click can produce the effect of a double-click through noisy, worn contacts.

Being a cheapskate, I robbed a microswitch out of an old mouse (they are all much the same) and soldered that in instead.

Worked a treat :-)

Mysticnas 22:37 01 Dec 04

for now anyway..

just did what you said and changed the button config around.

I took apart an old intelli mouse and saw it had the same micro switch. I took it out, but in the process the pcb got a little hot shall we say :o) and i don't want to risk the same happening to my current mouse.. so i'll leave it at changing the button config for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…