Mouse click freezes programs

Connaught 07:06 13 Aug 08

IMy operating system is Vista home and I cannot run some programs because when there is a pop up option window e.g one asking whether you wish Internet Explorer to remember login in details. Whether you click on yes or no the window freezes and cannot be closed in turn freezinbg the program. It can happen to where any program goves rise to a pop up option window. I have had to send this request from another computer.
I shall be glad if someone could help me.

Technotiger 08:09 13 Aug 08

Possibly a glitch in the Registry, try running click here (in its default form) and see if it makes any difference.

Connaught 15:22 13 Aug 08

Thank you Technotiger. I have been using PC Tools Registry Manager regularly but I downloaded CCleaner and used it as it was and it may have done the trick. With Reg Man there is always an item left undeleted out of those it lists as requiring attention.

Very grateful

Technotiger 15:26 13 Aug 08

Grreat, thanks for your feedback - don't forget the Green tick Resolved.

Cheers.

Connaught 18:18 13 Aug 08

I am afraid I spoke too soon! I came back to this laptop and find that wherever I have to insert any details in given boxes for instance in logging in the liklihood is that there is no response when I click the mouse so the cursor does not show enabling me to type. Sometimes it is a pop up window other times it is a preset log in page and I dont know what else. I wonder whether uninstalling the mouse/pad and reinstalling it may help?

Thanks

Technotiger 19:03 13 Aug 08

Hmm, I would first check all the settings in Control Panel>Mouse

if still no joy, then perhaps uninstall/reinstall.

Technotiger 19:05 13 Aug 08

Another thought, not being so familiar with Laptops/Mouse-pad, though I would still expect something within Control Panel ..... Or ... try an external USB mouse.

Connaught 08:16 18 Aug 08

I have tried everything but my pop ups still freeze. They pink out (grey) when I touch them and do not respond to the pas or an USB mouse. You can click on the top bar sometimes and the window comes alive but freezes when you try to click on a button. ALT Ctrl Del is the only answer.

It is intermittent, e.g., when trying to start typing in this block by clicking the mouse in it, nothing happened. But perservering with the tab key and mouse I eventuallu got a curser in and was able to type this message. Whether the following buttons will respond I have no idea.

Technotiger 09:16 18 Aug 08

Afraid to say it looks as if you may have a hardware problem, (malfunctioning touch-pad) rather than a software one. Perhaps a visit to your local friendly PC dealer might be in order.

Connaught 09:34 18 Aug 08

Believe it must be deeper than the touch pad as it is the same with the USB mouse! Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…