Mouse buttons nt working in Word-OK in other progs

Resolution 14:40 03 Dec 07

I'm running Office 2007 in Vista OS. Today after a Windows update, I lost the ability to move the cursor in Microsoft word using the Mouse or the touchpad on the computer. I can move the arrow all over the screen, but cannot fix the cursor anywhere with the mouse or touchpad buttons. The buttons work in all other programmes - they only fail in Word. At present the only way I can navigate my Word documents is using the arrow keys, whcih is useless.

Resolution 20:34 03 Dec 07

going to re-phrase as seems unclear

Technotiger 20:43 03 Dec 07

Just a thought - try a System Restore.

Technotiger 20:44 03 Dec 07

Just a thought - try a System Restore, back to before the updates. You could always try the updates again later.

Technotiger 20:44 03 Dec 07

Hmm, dunno how that double-post happened?

Resolution 20:57 03 Dec 07

System restore didn't work and I've uninstalled and then re-installed Word but this hasn't fixed the problem. I've also uninstalled and re-installed the mouse driver. That didn't work either.

The mouse works fine on every other application. I've saved a Word file from the computer and can use a mouse on it without problems on another system. I can even use the 'problem' mouse on Word in another system.

Am I missing something stupid? Any help appreciated.

Technotiger 20:59 03 Dec 07

Try running Ccleaner click here might be something 'stuck' in the registry.

VoG II 21:02 03 Dec 07

Click the Office button > Word Options > Resources > run Microsoft Office diagnostics.

Resolution 21:48 03 Dec 07

Thanks Technotiger, that did the trick. Thanks also VoG - I had tried the diagnostics routine but it had just said everything was OK.

Technotiger 22:04 03 Dec 07

Grrreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…