Mouse battery problem

Meshuga 14:00 05 Jun 06

I have the Logitech Mouseman optical mouse which takes 2 AA 1.5v batteries. I would like to use rechargable batteries but all the rechargable ones are 1.2v. This means that I use 2.4v instead of 3v and I immediately get a message saying Battery level low. This means that although the mouse works ok I will never be sure when to replace the batteries with fully charged ones. I don`t want to wait until the mouse starts to play up due to Really low batt`s. Is it possible to get 1.5volt AA size rechargables please.

Grantrh 14:50 05 Jun 06

My Benq wireless mouse works fine on the lower voltage.

These batteries look very powerful and MAY do the trick and they are buy one get one free at the mo too.
click here

Grantrh 14:52 05 Jun 06

Whoops! sorry these batteries are not rechargeable.

oldbeefer2 14:56 05 Jun 06

I believe all rechargables are 1.2V

€dstowe 14:57 05 Jun 06

Don't think it's possible. 1.5V disposable batteries (ZnCarbon) work via a different chemical reaction than NiCads (1.2 V) Lithium (1.3V) and whatever other batteries there are around.

Meshuga 15:02 05 Jun 06

Many thanks to all for your replies.

john-232317 15:06 05 Jun 06

Set the click to double speed and they will last longer, sorry Meshuga the suns gone to my head ;-)
;-)

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:53 05 Jun 06

I have a Logitech mouse and it works OK with rechargeables. I am using 2700mAh high capacity Ni-Mh cells only get message when they run low same as any other. (Cordless optical mouse).
Were your batteries fully charged when used.

Meshuga 18:58 05 Jun 06

Hi HVR, yes they were fully charged and are high capacity NiCad. Are Ni-Mh cells different and are they easily available?

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:11 05 Jun 06

NiCad are Nickel/Cadmium and Ni-Mh are Nickel/Metal Hydride. I should imagine it is a mouse characteristic and changing batteries probably will not make a difference unless your NiCads have got a bad memory effect, NIMh's do not suffer from this.
Out of interest got mine from:
click here
Not the highest quality on the planet but if you want to give them a go, not too expensive.

terryf 00:16 06 Jun 06

I use 2500mAh Ni-Mh batteries fromclick here without any problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…