mouse arrow

slammert 20:23 17 Jan 10

mouse have stopped workin, arrow stuck n middle of screen, windows xp home edition, i deleted a hot fix. seems the usb ports not workin now, i cant navigate to try resolved this..any ideas.

i have rebooted and re connected the mouse but stil the same

ty g

User-1229748 20:33 17 Jan 10

navigate with the keyboard to accessibility options and turn on mousekeys

User-1229748 20:35 17 Jan 10

or even navigate to system restore at boot if you can't get to it from in windows

slammert 21:33 17 Jan 10

not workin mate

Technotiger 21:55 17 Jan 10

You will probably need to get a PS-2 Mouse to overcome the problem.

gbell123 22:28 18 Jan 10

ps 2 has worked..ty......now i cant get internet explorer and lot of other programs to work...cant get it to system restore to a better point

g

Technotiger 22:45 18 Jan 10

Try starting in safe Mode, then while in Safe Mode try System Restore again.

Failing that, again in Safe Mode, run all your Anti-everything programs - might be a nasty somewhere.

gbell123 20:30 20 Jan 10

computer seems to be in some safety feature, i cant enter or run any anti virus. internet explorer not coming up....try to check hardware..says theres 1 already getting installed. without internet i cant any updates etc....tried safe mode but it wont tell me do system restore

Technotiger 20:40 20 Jan 10

I don't think it is any safety feature - more likely you have a 'nasty' on-board!

... "says theres 1 already getting installed" - I don't understand this bit? Is there a message of any sort? what 1 getting installed??

gbell123 23:00 20 Jan 10

i am going to borrow an anti virus cd and try to instal and run it, on the task manager there is 24 programs running, slowing everything down.
i cant access hardware to check whats installing

cheers g

Sea Urchin 12:37 21 Jan 10

I presume slammert has morphed into gbell123 - very confusing :@)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…