Mouse & Keyboard

wee eddie 10:46 AM 24 May 11
Answered

What, if any, are the advantages of USB over PS2?

Now, I'm not asking about whether they're prettier or more modern, I'm asking whether one is a more efficient, faster, or more reliable connection than the other.

Ian in Northampton 10:52 AM 24 May 11

IMHO, there's absolutely nothing to choose. The only thing is, if you use your PS/2 ports for mouse and keyboard, you free up valuable USB ports for other stuff.

birdface 11:10 AM 24 May 11
Answer

Well I have USB 3 on my computer and when I asked the question is USB 3 better than PS2 I was advised just to use the PS2 connection.

So I would assume PS2 must be better than USB but how I don't know.

wiz-king 12:56 PM 24 May 11

With some systems you may have to change a bios setting if you need to use USB and safe mode. I prefer using PS2 as I need all the USB ports I can get, I am using 7 at the moment which only leaves me 1 spare.

chub_tor 13:11 PM 24 May 11

My motherboard Click Here has a single PS2 port half green and half purple to take either a mouse or a keyboard. Not being a fan of wireless keyboards but liking wireless mice I use the PS2 for the keyboard and USB for the mouse. Like wiz-king I keep as many USB ports as free as possible.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…