Mottherboard ADVICE

Greengo 16:36 25 Oct 04

Just installed my PCChips motherboard and now it won't boot up. Can anyone Help?

ened 17:04 25 Oct 04

would probably get a better response.

Greengo 17:09 25 Oct 04

Didn't get the whole of that message, please reply again

ened 17:18 25 Oct 04

I would like more information about your problem: Is it totally dead, do you get BIOS? for starters.
First of all check all connections.

Greengo 17:31 25 Oct 04

My System is totally dead, i can't get bios, i have checked all connections, any suggestions?
(PCCHIPS Motherboard M848A)

Dorsai 17:32 25 Oct 04

A new AGP mobo tends to have a very stiff agp socket. If the graphics card has not been pushed in properly this can cause a failure to boot, but without more info (as requested above), such as model number or board, cpu type, etc, there are a whole host of other possible causes for this. (incorrect CPU type, Incorrect memory type, etc etc)

sidecar sid 17:34 25 Oct 04

Check the cmos jumper setting is normal pins 1&2

ened 17:46 25 Oct 04

When you say totally dead: Do you have power? Some boards need two connections from the power supply.
I think someonewould get to the bottom of the problem for you if you listed more detail.

Greengo 17:50 25 Oct 04

Here is the info you asked for; Pcchips M848A Sempron 2400+ (1.66Ghz)(socket 462), Memory: 256MB, 266MHZ fSB, Graphics: Radeon Atlantis 9200 SE.

Greengo 18:02 25 Oct 04

Sidcar, can you describe more what you mean?

Greengo 18:13 25 Oct 04

I didn't give too much information wneh i first posted this topic for discussion, so here it is I hope you can help.
I installed my Pcchips M848A Motherboard along with a Radeon 9200E SE graphics card and Sempron 2400+ processor. When i first turned it on it the the heat sink and fan and the case fan were working fine. I was able to eject the CD ROM but I couldn't get the bios to boot on the screen. I checked all connection and then turned it by on. This time i had no power at all. Does anyone have any extra suggestions to help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…