motorola unlocking code

conrail 21:16 22 Sep 08

Hi guys, hope I have the right forum, my wife and I both have motorola handsets on the orange payg network, got 2 new sims on a different network, my fone has accepted the new sim no problem, my wifes needs an unlocking code, orange are very unhelpful and wanted £30 for each of the phones, when I told them mine was sorted the girl became agressive telling me that I should not have unlocked the phone, I told her I just put the sim in and it worked fine, she then said if I paid now it will take 45 days for the code to come, there must be an easier and cheaper way, all suggestions gratefully accepted

NewestRoyWidd1 21:25 22 Sep 08

Have you tried any of your local shops,market stalls etc. that unlock phones?
I've never used them but would suggest you give them a try.

Technotiger 21:26 22 Sep 08

You are more likely to get the correct help from a Motorola Forum, there are several to choose from ...

click here

Good luck.

conrail 21:39 22 Sep 08

thanks NewestRoyWidd1, that is an option, that will cost £10, I was hoping there would be a free option
thanks Technotiger, I have registered with one of the forums, just waiting for a confirmation email so I can log in

Sea Urchin 22:26 22 Sep 08

A friend has just unlocked his Orange phone using these instructions - have a look

click here

conrail 17:28 07 Oct 08

thaanks Sea Urchin, had a look at that, does not include the motorola models, wife has one of daughters old phones, her contract gives her a new phone every year, new sim works fine in that so giving motoroal to someone who is already on orange.
I appreciate all your help, thanks very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos