Motorola Android tablet

kimtrnc 17:25 PM 14 Jan 12

Just taken the plunge and bought a Motorola tablet. I have, of course, done as much research as possible, but I am still VERY new to this sort of computing. For the technically minded (that's all of you isn't it?)I would be glad of any tricks or shortcuts. At the moment I can sync my tablet with Google and play with a few apps, but could really do with some kind advice in order to become a TABLET MASTER!

Main aim is how to use the tab as a satnav - does that need wi=fi, or 3G, and if so, do I need to have to pay for a data package? Thanks for all and any help! kimig1

Strawballs 17:47 PM 14 Jan 12

As far as the sat nav that will depend on Motorola, did they install one. My daughter has Samsung Android phone that has one a full working one built in and my wife has a Sony Android phone that does not.

Ian in Northampton 18:36 PM 14 Jan 12

The slightly bigger issue with satnav isn't so much whether an app is installed - it's whether the device has GPS. Without it, satnav is somewhat unreliable... ;-) And if it does, and if you have an appropriate app (I'm fairly certain Google Maps can do it, but you would need to download the text-to-speech app) then yes, you'll probably need some kind of data package, I would think.

Woolwell 20:19 PM 14 Jan 12

Is it a xoom? If so it does have AGPS. It will need wifi to plan the route and ideally GPRS (data) during a trip see this

Surprised you bought it without checking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X