mOTHERBOARDS

fenvue 10:32 14 Feb 07

Hi
I have two new mootherboards. A GIGABYTE GA-K8N Ultra-SLI an ASUS A8N-SLI SE. which is the best one to use to build an up to date System.

bennyhillslovechild 11:02 14 Feb 07

They are very similar boards in terms of specification, which can be compared here

Asus Mobo: click here

Gigabyte: click here

Both look to be good boards based on the Socket939 architecture. The Gigabyte seems to pull ahead a litle in reviews though, but there's not that much in it.

Totally-braindead 11:06 14 Feb 07

Theres little to choose between them. I would like to point out that socket 939 has been replaced so although both are excellent boards they are not the latest in terms of what processor you can put in them. The new processors are called AM2. Having said that they can still take a wide range of very fast processors so don't let that put you off.
I have the ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe and its an excellent board but you'd have to see what the differences are between the Deluxe and the SE versions.
I can't see any outstanding difference between them so its a matter of just picking one I think.
I had a Gigabyte board before the one I have now and it was excellent, a friend has it now and its still going strong 4 years on.

rupie 01:53 15 Feb 07

I have a GA-8ANXP-d mother board. I have had it for 18 months and it is still cutting edge.. This week I might upgrade it from monster fast to a raid server monster fast board. GIGABYTE boards are BRILLIANT. You get what you pay for.

Totally-braindead 13:47 15 Feb 07

Same can be said with the ASUS rupie. Both ASUS and Gigabyte make good quality boards hence I cannot choose one over the other.

Ashrich 22:15 15 Feb 07

Personally I use for myself and for other builds Gigabyte boards and as Rupie says they are brilliant , especially for the dual bios protection , and they aren't so picky when it comes to setting them up or which memory you use .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac