Motherboards??

Does anybody know how to tell which motherboard are on computers as I cannot find out the information!!
Also how hard is it to re-fit a motherboard?

Regards

carl

Diemmess 17:06 27 Feb 05

To find most of the details about your existing computer download and run the freebie "Belarc Advisor"

Replacing a motherboard is superficially very easy..... the devil is in the detail!!!!!!!!

First may we ask why?

Trackrat 17:11 27 Feb 05

Download this program it will tell you about everything, (hardware & software) on your computer.click here
It is not hard to fit another motherboard all you have to make sure of is that the stand off`s are in the right position.
Also if you buy a new motherboard make sure it is compatable with your processor and memory or you will have to buy new ones.

my secondary IDE slot for some reason is not working and so my cdrw/dvd drive is not working so any ideas would be helpful?
I checked all connections.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:36 27 Feb 05

1. check it is enabled in BIOS

2. uninstall and reinstall IDE drivers

3. Try Known good IDE cable swapp wit the primary one

Can you advise further as I have tried Harddrive IDE with both cables and they both work?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:52 27 Feb 05

What exactly is the problem?

Can you see yellow exclamation mark on secondary IDE in device manager?

or is it you can not see the CD / DVDdrives in MY computer?

Diemmess 17:59 27 Feb 05

.....peripheral to die. If you only have one, and the HD works, then it seems bad news about the CD device, rather than the Mobo.

No I cannot see secondary IDE in device manager and have not got cdrw/dvd in MY computer!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:08 27 Feb 05

If secondary IDE not showing in device manager then check it is enabled in BIOS,

BIOS Settings
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:09 27 Feb 05

What operating system are you using?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…