Motherboards

MrGoldfish 00:15 09 Jan 04

I was just wondering which company people thought makes the best motherboards? I'm looking to buy one and cost isn't an issue. I need a fast board with as many expansion slots as possible and support for atleast 2gb of ddr ram.

Any help would be amazing.

Mysticnas 00:25 09 Jan 04

Gigabyte are amongst the best boards out there!

I'm on my 2nd. 2nd to them i'd choose Asus or MSI.

Tk_RiceZ 00:45 09 Jan 04

i'm a msi fan, always likes them but i heard asus overclocking ability is best, if you want to clock then i would suggest them.

some of the best board's AMD based use Nforce 2 chipset..

bab5 06:33 09 Jan 04

Asus A7N8X deluxe, for around £90 is quite good

click here

wok for me, far better than the ECS board i was using

Darran

Mike574 08:45 09 Jan 04

I agree with bab5, Asus A7N8X Deluxe is an excellent mobo as are all of the asus range. I'm on my 3rd asus board and have found them very easy to set up. A good idea is when you have found a mobo you like, go and check out the manufactures knowledgebase to see if anyone has had any problems with it and what they are. Hope this helps.

billyliv 09:00 09 Jan 04

Hi, I cant fault 'INTEL P4' boards. A bit more expensive but they have never let me down!!. Cheers, Bill

DieSse 09:09 09 Jan 04

Toms Hardware is a good review site for motherboards (in fact for most things) - very few people will have comparative experience of lots of different makers, so a review site is probably best.

I use a lot of QDI boards in the systems I build - no problems with them, and very reliable - are they the "best"? - haven't got a clue - and just how would I find out except to spend hours that I haven't got, testing lots of others.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…