Motherboard/processor compatibility

23790954 11:57 29 Mar 06

As an elderly pensioner my hobby is building and repairing computers for my family. Having built numerous compters in the past, I have now come up with a compatibility problem of which I am unsure. I do not pretend to be an expert in computer technology, so would one of you experts advise me on the following. I have just purchased Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF socket 754 type motherboard to build a computer for my daughter-in-law. At the same time I purchased an AMD 64 Sempron 2800+ processor for the same computer. This processor has a clock speed of 1.6Ghz. Having studied the Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF
manual, it states:
Processor: Socket 754 for AMD Athlon 64
processor (K8);
1600Mh/z system bus;
Supports core frequencies in excess
of 3000+ and faster:
Considering that the processor I purchased is a AMD 64Sempron 2800+ with a clock speed of 1.6Ghz
will this function correctly on the motherboard without causing damage to other components, or not. Many thanks for anyone who takes the time to answer my query.

Totally-braindead 12:04 29 Mar 06

Heres the board click here and heres the processors it will take click here

rmcqua 12:24 29 Mar 06

Yes, 23790954, it should be fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…