Motherboard Upgrade

Boghound 16 Feb 12

I'm thinking of upgrading my PC with a motherboard bundle. Has anyone used Acronis Plus Pack to pair it with the current HDD ? Is it as straight forward as Acronis say it is?

KRONOS the First 16 Feb 12

In my opinion it is always best to do a fresh install of Windows following a major upgrade. I have known people go a similar route to you have major problems further down road.

I must admit I have no experience of the software you have mentioned.

AL47 16 Feb 12

for a motherboard upgrade i would do a full install. i have had acronis work, but leave a lot of drivers missing etc.

Boghound 17 Feb 12

There's no need for a new Windows install as long as it's Intel to Intel and you have the new drivers on a pendrive or a back-up disc. I just wondered if it was easier using Acronis.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message