Motherboard updates

hargranules 14:56 17 Jan 06

Hi, I have just done a repair on a windows xp machine. Each time I boot up the monitor is covered in fuzzy coloured lines. The monitor works ok in safe mode so I feel it is a driver issue.

It is a time computer and does not have a seperate graphics card.

I have used everest to look at what motherboard it is: it is made by microstar international,cpu type AMD Athlon XP 1466 MHZ name msi ms - 6378 Chipset VIA VT 8361 Apollo KLE 133.

I went on MSI website but was unsure of the exact driver to download. Wanted to double - check. Does anyone know which drivers / download it should be?

Mark5001 15:42 17 Jan 06

Win 98/ME
click here
Win XP
click here

eqskey 15:56 17 Jan 06

Always get the drivers from the motherboard site.
Google 'ms - 6378 support'. This will bring you to the page for this board.On the left of page
click 'Drivers'
MSI link ~click here

eqskey 16:01 17 Jan 06

Sorry I forgot to say that you need the VGA driver.It might be best to uninstall the Display
Adapter in the Device Manager before you reinstall your new driver.

hargranules 16:18 17 Jan 06

Cannot find the display adapter in device manager, should it be under sound, audio & video?

hargranules 16:35 17 Jan 06

Trying to load the drivers from the msi website but keeps coming up 'set - up cannot complete' Any ideas how I can get round this?

hargranules 18:01 17 Jan 06

trying to load drivers and comes up with message to look at set - up log there it says

UpdateDriver failed, returned -536870389. Cannot install.

Anybody got any ideas how i can get round this and install

eqskey 20:35 17 Jan 06

It is the 3rd item listed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5