//some 3rd party need geo

Motherboard Update

wingfield 20:09 14 Dec 04

My Motherboard is a K7T Turbo2 - purchased around 2001 (running XP Pro)and I'm having trouble putting extra RAM in. I had 256 and wanted to update to 1Gb. The book said it would support 1.5Gb so I got the required RAM (510 Mb x2) When I fitted it and eventually got it working the PC kept shutting down and restarting uninvited. I've now taken 1 stick out and things are working OK. I've found from the book the original motherboard didn't support XP. I've been on this site click here

but which one(s) do I download? The MSI site isn't anygood - the LiveUpdate doesn't appear to work. There are probably other updates I need to download and then probably everything will work fine, but again which one(s)?

Any takers please?

Totally-braindead 20:25 14 Dec 04

These are the Bios updates, before you do anything else are you sure flashing the Bios will solve your memory problem? Its much more likely I think that the motherboard doesn't like the ram you're trying to install.

wingfield 09:21 15 Dec 04

As far as I can make out the RAM is correct for the motherboard. The guy who got it for me is in the trade so he knows what he is talking about. I tried diiferent slots (there are 3) but nothing changed. So, it looks like I will have to replace the mobo if I want to run 1Gb of RAM.

wingfield 09:24 15 Dec 04

click here
for a survey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…