motherboard trouble

hullguy28 19:31 28 Mar 08

hi i have just purchase an ecs elitegroup motherboard K7S5A and checked to see what CPUs are compatible and decided to choose a AMD Duron 1.8ghz as i had a very limited budget as was wanting it just for basic things. I have installed the motherboard as described in the manual the computer powers on but there is no display i have tried 3 different agp graphics cards and still the same problems i have checked all cables and still no luck can anyone help?

STREETWORK 19:37 28 Mar 08

Can you boot into the BIOS?

If you can then check that the graphic device is set to AGP

hullguy28 19:40 28 Mar 08

no nothing seems to happen the monitor is dead the psu fan and cpu fan work but thats all that happens

mrwoowoo 19:46 28 Mar 08

Have you tried plugging the monitor into the motherboards onboard graphics vga slot as well as into the graphics card?

STREETWORK 19:47 28 Mar 08

Can you try another monitor in case the one you have is actually dead?

hullguy28 19:48 28 Mar 08

the monitor works fine as the other pc i use has no trouble using the monitor as for the onboard vga slot there isnt one on this motherboard the only way to use the monitor is with a vga card

mrwoowoo 20:04 28 Mar 08

You do realise that you will need to reinstall xp again if you have installed a different motherboard.
There is a chance of doing a repair with your xp disc but it's nearly always a reinstall job.

skidzy 20:14 28 Mar 08

Can you post the ram you are using ? if you do not know just post the serial code on the ram itself.

This could be non-compatible ram.

Any beeps when switching on the pc ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now