Motherboard Test?

Les50 22:38 28 May 03

i have just aquired 6 motherboards. Is there anyway i can test a motherboard to see if it will work without buiding a pc and connecting everything up.
Also what would be the minimum build to make that test
Cheers
Les

caast ©™ 22:54 28 May 03

Only way I know of doing this, is, to add chip/fan, memory, and graphics card attached to monitor and boot to bios. Someone else may have another solution and I will learn something new also.

I keep a set up like this on desk to test PC hardware etc when I have them in for repair or testing.
I have a PC attached through a switch box for Monitor keyboard and mouse to the test rig. When I need to test anything just turn the switch box to rig and just pop it into the rig and use the monitor keyboard and mouse of the PC thats attached to the switch box.
This way I can test Hard drives graphic cards sound etc without any hassle.

BlueMeanie 21:33 31 May 03

Confirm what caast ©™ says ,

I test motherboards on a bench, and NOT built into a case which takes far too much time.

If a CPU chip is not fitted you will have to read the motherboard to determine the clock speed and multiplier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…