Motherboard screws

ricvic 21:39 05 Feb 03

I've just taken delivery of a new case and motherboard from click here. Everything seems to be included for me to build my own PC except the screws which fasten the motherboard. The brass risers are there, but not the screws. Are there any particular sort of screws which I should seek for this purpose, or will general purpose cross head parallel screws do the job?

odb 21:56 05 Feb 03

best thing to do is contact the place of purchase or an good pc shop to either obtain some or get advice, using your own may validate the warranty....strange but true

Kudu 22:13 05 Feb 03

I had the same problem last week as no risers,jumpers,or plastic spacers were included.

If your stuck ordinary case screws are the same thread as the mobo screws & are just long enough.

Rtus 22:43 05 Feb 03

The screw type depend on which risers are supplied with the case

BRYNIT 22:54 05 Feb 03

You should be able to get what you req click here

Kudu 22:58 05 Feb 03

I thought they would all be the same. I salvaged four screws from an old M/B & put in two case screws & they fitted OK.

Rtus 23:42 05 Feb 03

they are not..mores the pity..I've come across 5 different types and thats ATX cases.including a spring clip type(6)you just push in,with that type you test everything before fitting the board in the case..funny enough last year I bought 2 cases and inside was a large bag of assorted mobo fittings..very handy

SafeHaven 23:45 05 Feb 03

There are 12 differant types of screws used for motherboards,depending on the CASE Who ever supplied the tower/case should provide the correct screws,yes I have know MB's to work lose if not fitted right. Get in contact with the supplier is the safest bet.

DieSse 23:47 05 Feb 03

Any local shop that assembles systems will have a bucketload of 'em. There are always surplus ones with all the cases i get - I've got zillions. Talk nicely to a local supplier (and take in a stand-off to get the size right) - and I'm sure they'll give you a handful.

ricvic 08:23 06 Feb 03

Thank you for your responses.
I'll probably be off to Maplins later today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…