Motherboard replacement

panther68 19:13 05 Jun 09

Hi
I have a computer hp a708.uk with a motherboard sis
sfx2/661fx 478 socket and i want to replace it with asus p4b533-vm 478 socket is that possible.If so please can some one advise where the cable go.

Regards

Panther

Strawballs 20:54 05 Jun 09

You should get a handbook with the new board with diagrams.

gengiscant 23:12 05 Jun 09

As strawballs says, you will get a manual with diagrams etc on cable placement.
That doesn't make it any easier the connections from the front of PC case to the motherboard can be a pain in the lower regions.But help is here if needed,good luck.

Strawballs 00:30 06 Jun 09

The worst I found are the on off switch cables especially if going from a big name make which has a block on the end of the wire rather than individual connectors

jack 08:18 06 Jun 09

When he wrote
'The worst I found are the on off switch cables especially if going from a big name make which has a block on the end of the wire rather than individual connectors'

Main brands such as HP.Dell.E-machines tend to be custom machines- that is built with main components that are to individual makers specs.
They can be not only difficult but some times impossible to -'Upgrade' beyond - memory or PCI slotted cards.
This type of machine is built for a specific range of applications and are best left as they are.
Essentially there are two ways to go-
Purchase the next main brand- machine or go for a motherboard/CPU/memory bundle from the likes of Novatech., and build up from there.

Strawballs 14:24 06 Jun 09

If careful you can push the connectors out of the block then insulating around them

egapup 14:59 06 Jun 09

Do a google search for the motherboard manual, everything you need to know will be there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5