Motherboard replacement

panther68 19:13 05 Jun 09

Hi
I have a computer hp a708.uk with a motherboard sis
sfx2/661fx 478 socket and i want to replace it with asus p4b533-vm 478 socket is that possible.If so please can some one advise where the cable go.

Regards

Panther

Strawballs 20:54 05 Jun 09

You should get a handbook with the new board with diagrams.

gengiscant 23:12 05 Jun 09

As strawballs says, you will get a manual with diagrams etc on cable placement.
That doesn't make it any easier the connections from the front of PC case to the motherboard can be a pain in the lower regions.But help is here if needed,good luck.

Strawballs 00:30 06 Jun 09

The worst I found are the on off switch cables especially if going from a big name make which has a block on the end of the wire rather than individual connectors

jack 08:18 06 Jun 09

When he wrote
'The worst I found are the on off switch cables especially if going from a big name make which has a block on the end of the wire rather than individual connectors'

Main brands such as HP.Dell.E-machines tend to be custom machines- that is built with main components that are to individual makers specs.
They can be not only difficult but some times impossible to -'Upgrade' beyond - memory or PCI slotted cards.
This type of machine is built for a specific range of applications and are best left as they are.
Essentially there are two ways to go-
Purchase the next main brand- machine or go for a motherboard/CPU/memory bundle from the likes of Novatech., and build up from there.

Strawballs 14:24 06 Jun 09

If careful you can push the connectors out of the block then insulating around them

egapup 14:59 06 Jun 09

Do a google search for the motherboard manual, everything you need to know will be there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…