motherboard query

llah66 20:50 21 Jan 11

I need a replacement motherboard but one which I can put my QX9650 extreme processer.
I know the processer is 2-3 years old but it can still hold its own and I hope not to have to update my system

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:01 21 Jan 11

Asus Maximus Extreme Intel X38 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
or
the Asus Striker II Formula nForce 780i (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

Depends if you have SLi or Crossfire.
EVGA's 780i instead of ASUS if you plan to go SLi.

GaT7 21:32 21 Jan 11

You don't say what you use it for, but if it's mainly for games (like FB is guessing) then you'll be fine for another 2-3 years I reckon. Overclock it with a good cooler & you could get even more out of it.

Where are you thinking of buying it from though? You'll only get the models FB is suggesting at eBay, & the first one is DDR3 RAM. Otherwise, I would suggest an ASUS P5Q PRO Turbo DDR2 Crossfire £84 click here. Couldn't find a S775 SLI for sale in the usual stores. If you don't need Crossfire, then you could get a cheaper one. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…